The little baby in the picture looks like he never ate food a day in his life. I think he is in a hospital because of the red wrist band on his wrist.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Chapter 1

It was 2 O'clock in the morning when I, Halima woke up to the toe curling screams of my mother. I slowly tiptoed and went to the living room to see where the commotion was coming from. I heard men yelling at my mother and my siblings. Earlier that night I went to sleep early because I wasnt feeling well. I looked in the living room closely and I saw my father lying in a pool of his own blood and my mother was sitting across from him weeping in a little corner. The men who wore comouflage  clothing were stomping my father with their boots. My mother crys became louder and louder and finally one of the soldiers got tired of it and whipped her across the face with is AK 47. I was so terrified. I sat in a little corner watching everything that was going down in the room. I felt hepless. I couldnt help them. "Take me please! let me children go" my mother cried. " I'll do anything you guys want" she continued. I was speechless, all I could do was cry and cry for my family. One of the soldiers had a smile on his face. He was smiling like he had come up with the best idea."Take off your clothes" he yelled in sudanesse. My mouth fell open. I couldnt believe my mother was going to get raped right infront of my eyes. You could see she was scared because she was trebbling. She was hesitating to do it. " Not infront of my children" she pleaded. " Please not infront of my kids" she started to cry all over again. The soldier that asked her to take off her clothes off came towards her. He grabbed her arm and made her stand up. He forcefully pushed her to the wall and started ripping her clothes off. My two sister and brother closed their eyes. They didnt want to witness the disturbing act they were doing to their mother. They all were screaming " Mommy Mommy Mommy." My brother tried to get up and help our mother by jumping on the soldiers back. But as soon as he got up another soldier hit him with a gun across his face. He fell on the floor uncousicious. My two sisters hugged and cried together as they heard the screams of their mother. I couldnt watch it anymore so I just went to my room and I hid in the closet so that if they decide to check the rooms they couldnt find me. I heard the cry's and screams of my family through the walls. I was shivering and scared for my mother. I prayed to God that kill her and from the looks of it i dont think my father is going to survive from all those concotions. Out of no where I heard shot guns. This time I pissed on myself because I thought the worst happened. My family were all gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment